NORTH KINGSTOWN SCHOOL DEPARTMENT
Title:†† ††††††††††† Curriculum Coordinator
Reports To:††† Curriculum Director
Summary of Responsibilities:
††††††††††† Provide leadership, coordination and administrative support in the ongoing development, implementation and administration of all phases of the districtís curriculum cycle.
1. Advises the curriculum director on the curriculum area budget.
2. Conducts curriculum meetings for area as required.
3. Coordinates the development of curriculum objectives for the area:† monitors the implementation and evaluation of these objectives.
4. Coordinates the process for selection of textbooks, equipment and instructional supplies for the curriculum area.
5. Acts as a resource person to district teachers on issues in the curriculum area.
6. Meets and coordinates with other curriculum area coordinators to promote inter-disciplinary programs.
7. Attends curriculum and other professional conferences.
8. Provides support and guidance to teachers in handling of day-to-day problems of instruction and implementation of curriculum.
9. Promotes innovation within the curriculum area.
10. Works with curriculum committees to ensure successful completion of all phases of the curriculum cycle
11. Works with curriculum committees in organizing and coordinating appropriate meetings in order to effect continuity and articulation of the curriculum throughout the district.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the above noted essential duties satisfactorily.† The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required.† Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:† Certification in curriculum area,† Masters degree in curriculum area and/or substantial experience in teaching curriculum area.