- Proof of residency
For new residents purchasing a home in North Kingstown, registration can only be completed after the closing date. For new residents renting in North Kingstown, registration can only be completed after the effective date of the executed lease agreement. Please contact our office with any questions at (401) 268-6504.
- Parents who are homeowners (must live in the home) can upload two of the following: a current property tax bill, water bill, electric bill. We do not accept deeds or purchase & sales agreements.
- Parents who are renting can upload and bring a current lease or rental agreement and a current electric or gas bill (billing address must match rental address). Landlord's name and contact information must be listed on the lease/rental agreement.
- Is living with a relative or another person, the homeowner must produce a notarized statement listing who they are allowing to live with them and then they must produce proof of residency.
- Displaced families who are living in North Kingstown due to loss of stable housing may qualify for McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act benefits. Contact the NKSD Homeless Liaison at 401-541-6353 or email@example.com.
- Birth certificate (Must be translated into English) or Passport for each child you are registering
- A certified copy of the most recent court order identifying each parent's respective award of physical custody - if applicable.
- In the absence of both parents or other situations, please contact Sherri-Lynn Briggs at 401-268-6504.
- Immunization records and Physical Exam for each child
- **NEW - a current picture of the student being registered, similar to a school picture that will be uploaded into the student information system for identification purposes.
- State or government-issued picture identification of parent registering child
- Grades 1-8 most recent copy of report card
- Grades 9-12 MUST have a copy of their transcript and most recent report card (must be translated in English)
What are the requirements to enter kindergarten and first grade?
I am currently homeless and living in a temporary situation in North Kingstown due to the loss of housing. Can I enroll my child in the North Kingstown schools?
Your situation may qualify for support under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, which guarantees qualifying families with immediate enrollment, even if you don’t have immediate access to requirement documentation. Visit https://www.nksd.net/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=796099&type=d&pREC_ID=1591412 for more information about Homeless Services or contact our Homeless Liaison at 401-541-6353, firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
If you are moving within the North Kingstown School District borders, you must provide proof of residency (as you did when your child was initially enrolled). It must be done each time you change your address. Please see above for examples of acceptable proof of residency.
Please note that your student's address, school, or bus transportation cannot be changed until this documentation is provided.