Steps to register your child in North Kingstown Schools.
1. Review Process and Required Documentations
2. Complete online forms and upload documents
3. Make an appointment
Step 1: Review Process and Required Documents
Review this page for frequently asked questions and additional information that is available about registering your child. Next, gather documents listed below and go on to Step 2 to initiate the registration process. The student’s parent or guardian must be present to register their student for school.
In order to enroll your child(ren) in the North Kingstown School Department, please gather the following documentation required in steps 2 and 3. Originals/hard copies will be required at the registration appointment, but in an effort to save time can be uploaded in advance (step 2).
- Proof of residency
- Parents who are homeowners (must live in the home) can upload and bring a current property tax bill, water bill, electric bill
- Parents who are renting can upload and bring a current lease or rental agreement and an electric or gas bill (billing address must match rental address). Landlord's name and contact information must be listed on the lease/rental agreement.
- Birth certificate (Must be translated into English) or Passport for each child you are registering
- A certified copy of the most recent court order identifying each parent's respective award of physical custody - if applicable.
- Immunization records and Physical Exam for each child
- State issued picture identification of parent registering child
- Grades 1-8 most recent copy of report card
- Grades 9-12 MUST have a copy of their transcript and most recent report card (must be translated in English)
Step 2: Complete Online Form
Step 3: Schedule Appointment