- Proof of residency
For new residents purchasing a home in North Kingstown, registration can only be completed after the closing date. For new residents renting in North Kingstown, registration can only be completed after the effective date of the executed lease agreement. Please contact our office with any questions at (401) 268-6504.
- Parents who are homeowners (must live in the home) can upload two of the following: a current property tax bill, water bill, electric bill. We do not accept deeds or purchase & sales agreements.
- Parents who are renting can upload and bring a current lease or rental agreement and an electric or gas bill (billing address must match rental address). Landlord's name and contact information must be listed on the lease/rental agreement.
- If an individual's circumstance has required them to move in with a relative or another person, the homeowner must produce a notarized statement listing who they are allowing to live with them and then they must produce proof of residency.
- Birth certificate (Must be translated into English) or Passport for each child you are registering
- A certified copy of the most recent court order identifying each parent's respective award of physical custody - if applicable.
- In the absence of both parents or other situations, please contact Sherri-Lynn Briggs at 401-268-6504.
- Immunization records and Physical Exam for each child
- **NEW - a current picture of the student being registered, similar to a school picture that will be uploaded into the student information system for identification purposes.
- State or government issued picture identification of parent registering child
- Grades 1-8 most recent copy of report card
- Grades 9-12 MUST have a copy of their transcript and most recent report card (must be translated in English)
What are the requirements to enter kindergarten and first grade?
If you are moving within the North Kingstown School District borders, you must provide proof of residency (as you did when your child was initially enrolled). It must be done each time you change your address. Please see above for examples of acceptable proof of residency.
Please note that your student's address, school, or bus transportation cannot be changed until this documentation is provided.