Steps to register your child in North Kingstown Schools.
1. Review Process and Required Documentations
2. Complete online forms and upload documents
3. Make an appointment
Step 1: Review Process and Required Documents
Review this page for frequently asked questions and additional information that is available about registering your child. Next, gather documents listed below and go on to Step 2 to initiate the registration process. The student’s parent or guardian must be present to register their student for school.
In order to enroll your child(ren) in the North Kingstown School Department, please gather the following documentation required in steps 2 and 3. Originals/hard copies will be required at the registration appointment, but in an effort to save time can be uploaded in advance (step 2).
- Proof of residency
- Parents who are homeowners (must live in the home) can upload two of the following: a current property tax bill, water bill, electric bill. We do not accept deeds or purchase & sales agreements.
- Parents who are renting can upload and bring a current lease or rental agreement and an electric or gas bill (billing address must match rental address). Landlord's name and contact information must be listed on the lease/rental agreement.
- If an individual's circumstance has required them to move in with a relative or another person, the homeowner must produce a notarized statement listing who they are allowing to live with them and then they must produce proof of residency.
- Birth certificate (Must be translated into English) or Passport for each child you are registering
- A certified copy of the most recent court order identifying each parent's respective award of physical custody - if applicable.
- In the absence of both parents or other situations, please contact Sherri-Lynn Briggs at 401-268-6504.
- Immunization records and Physical Exam for each child
- State or government issued picture identification of parent registering child
- Grades 1-8 most recent copy of report card
- Grades 9-12 MUST have a copy of their transcript and most recent report card (must be translated in English)
Step 2: Complete Online Form
Step 3: Schedule Appointment (please be sure to select the correct calendar)
Use this link for current school year enrollment only SY18-19.
Use this link below for the pre-registration events* for enrollment in SY19-20. More dates will be added each month.
*Students with acceptance letters for the CTE program at NKHS can use this calendar to make the pre-registration appointment