Black and white lighthouse

Forms & Links

Below are important links and documents for the registration process. At the bottom is a Questions and Answers section.

Immunization Exemption Forms

Request of Records Form

Special Education Records Request

Contact Information: with any questions regarding the registration process.

Homeless Services

Additional Information

What school will my child attend?

Please click on the link below to view school boundaries.

NK Boundary Directories

Assignment Of Students To School Of Attendance Policy

Can I request a different school in North Kingstown?

Requesting a different school building is done by submitting a Building Transfer Request to the Superintendent's office. All requests are reviewed in early August and must be submitted annually. During the school year, please contact Sherri-Lynn Briggs with any questions.

How do I change my address?

Please complete the Change of Address form. Once verified, the affidavit will need to be signed in person at 100 Romano Vineyard Way.

If you are moving within the North Kingstown School District borders, you must provide proof of residency (as you did when your child was initially enrolled). It must be done each time you change your address. Please see above for examples of acceptable proof of residency.

Please note that your student's address, school, or bus transportation cannot be changed until this documentation is provided.

Pre-School Students

If you are interested in registering your child for preschool or have questions about the PK Programs in North Kingstown Schools, please call Fishing Cove Elementary School at 401-268-6580.

Student Registration

In the interest of public safety, we will be processing all registrations remotely, until further notice. 

Please follow the steps listed here and submit the SRIC form with uploaded required documents*.   Accepted file types are.jpg and pdf.

Once the enrollment is processed you will receive a welcome email with some technical information.  Additionally, the school will be notified of the registration.  Any school-specific information will come directly from the assigned school.

Steps to register your child in North Kingstown Schools.

1. Review Process and Required Documentations 2. Complete online forms and upload documents


   On the shortness of life

Step 1: Review Process and Required Documents


Review this page for frequently asked questions and additional information that is available about registering your child.  Next, gather the documents listed below and go on to Step 2 to initiate the registration process. 

Required Documents

 In order to enroll your child(ren) in the North Kingstown School Department, please gather the following documentation required in steps 2 and 3.  Originals/hard copies will be required as uploads in (step 3).

  • Proof of residency

    • For new residents purchasing a home in North Kingstown, registration can only be completed after the closing date. For new residents renting in North Kingstown, registration can only be completed after the effective date of the executed lease agreement. Please contact our office with any questions at (401) 268-6504.

    • Parents who are homeowners (must live in the home) can upload two of the following: a current property tax bill, water bill, electric bill.  We do not accept deeds or purchase & sales agreements.

    • Parents who are renting can upload and bring a current lease or rental agreement and a current electric or gas bill (billing address must match rental address). Landlord's name and contact information must be listed on the lease/rental agreement.

    • If living with a relative or another person, the homeowner must produce a notarized statement listing who they are allowing to live with them and then they must produce proof of residency.

    • Displaced families who are living in North Kingstown due to loss of stable housing may qualify for McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act benefits.  Contact the NKSD Homeless Liaison at 401-541-6353 or

  • Birth certificate (Must be translated into English) or Passport for each child you are registering

    • A certified copy of the most recent court order identifying each parent's respective award of physical custody - if applicable.

    • In the absence of both parents or other situations, please contact Sherri-Lynn Briggs at 401-268-6504.

  • Immunization records and Physical Exam for each child.

  • **NEW - a current picture of the student being registered, similar to a school picture that will be uploaded into the student information system for identification purposes.

  • State or government-issued picture identification of parent registering child

  • Grades 1-8 most recent copy of report card

  • Grades 9-12 MUST have a copy of their transcript and a most recent report card (must be translated in English)

  • If applicable, a copy of the student's IEP or 504 plan - complete the PPS#8 form to the right and save it as a pdf to upload in step 3.

Step 2: Complete the Home Language Survey (select the form you are most comfortable with) and Request of Records forms (on left)Save them as a pdf to your computer to upload in the next step.

Step 3:  Complete Online Form

Student Registration Information Collection Form

Currently, our form is only accessible for Google Users. If you are not a Google User and need to register your student, please visit this Registration Document and email it to along with all the listed documents.


Where do I register my child for school?

All registrations will be processed remotely after the SRIC form has been submitted with all required documents, until further notice.

What are the requirements to enter kindergarten and first grade?

Admission of Resident Students Policy

INCOMING KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS - Child Outreach Screening is part of the registration for entry into kindergarten. A screening completed in the school year prior to entry into kindergarten is acceptable. Please email in Child Outreach or by phone at 401-541-6350 to arrange for a screening.

Required Immunizations for School Purposes

NK Schools Immunizations Policy

Administrative Regulations Immunizations

 Can I send my child to NK Schools if we do not live in the district?

Admission of Non-Resident Students Policy

I am currently homeless and living in a temporary situation in North Kingstown due to the loss of housing.  Can I enroll my child in the North Kingstown schools?

Your situation may qualify for support under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, which guarantees qualifying families with immediate enrollment, even if you don’t have immediate access to required documentation.  Visit Homeless Services for more information about Homeless Services or contact our Homeless Liaison at 401-541-6353, to find out more.

Students entering Grades 9-12

Appointments to discuss your child's schedule with North Kingstown High School Guidance will not be made until AFTER all documents have been submitted and the registration process is complete.